- Approximately 1-2 hours online at your own pace
Qualifications Earned On Fire Safety for Early Years – E- Learning
2 CPD Points
Type of CourseE-Learning (Online)
Who should take this course?
Suitable for all staff working in school, nursery and childminding settings.
Verifiable CPD: On successful completion, learners can download a CPD accredited certificate as evidence for their portfolio of CPD training and will qualify for 2 CPD points. This course has been approved by the FAIB (First Aid Industry Body).
Course Aim: This interactive and comprehensive online course provides an awareness of fire safety in early years settings and is suitable for all staff working in school, nursery and childminding settings. It has been developed in line with national fire safety legislation and Ofsted guidelines for early years settings and is mapped to Level 2 on the RQF.
Course content includes:
- The importance of Fire Safety
- Fire Safety requirements in Early Years settings
- Fire Risk Assessment
- The Main Causes of Fire
- How fire starts – The Fire Triangle
- Heat / ignition sources and managing them safely
- Electrical Equipment
- Fuel sources and managing them safely
- How fire spreads
- Fire Hazards – how fire harms you
- Controlling Fire
- Fire Safety Procedures
- Role and Responsibilities of the Fire Marshal
- Practising Fire Drills