- Approximately 2-3 hours online at your own pace
Qualifications Earned On Infection Control in Childhood Settings and Children’s Activity Providers – COVID -19 secure – E-Learning
3 CPD Points
Type of CourseE-Learning (Online)
Who should take this course? Children activity providers, all staff working within childhood settings including schools, nurseries, adventure playgrounds, holiday play schemes, youth clubs, family entertainment centres and childcare provision.
Verifiable CPD: On successful completion, learners can download a CPD accredited certificate as evidence for their portfolio of CPD training and will qualify for 3 CPD points.
Course Aim: To provide staff working with children with an understanding of how infections including COVID-19 are transmitted and what measures can be put in place to prevent and control their spread.
- Infection Prevention and Control of Germs
- Sources of Infection
- Susceptible People
- Common Childhood Infections and Infections in Pregnancy
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19
- Infection Control Risk Assessment
- Covid-19 Risks Assessment – Points to Consider
- What to do if someone has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Handwashing – Clean Hands Save Lives
- When Should Staff Wash Their Hands?
- Teaching Children to Wash Their Hands Properly
- Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases
- PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning Procedures
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Cleaning Facilities and Equipment
- Cleaning Toys and Equipment
- Nappy Changing, Potties and Toilets
- Blood and Body Fluid Spillages
- Managing Waste Safely
- Reporting and Recording Infectious Disease Outbreaks