- Approximately 1-2 hours online at your own pace
Qualifications Earned On Risk Assessment for Early Years – E-Learning
1 CPD Point
Type of CourseE-Learning (Online)
Who should take this course?
Anyone working in Early Years settings including childminders and nursery staff.
Verifiable CPD: On successful completion, learners can download a CPD accredited certificate as evidence for their portfolio of CPD training and will qualify for 1 CPD point.
- understand the role and responsibilities of the first-aider
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- understand the importance of risk assessment
- identify hazards and evaluate risk
- describe how to carry out a risk assessment
- explain the review process
- The importance of risk assessment
- Responsibility for carrying out risk assessments
- The 5 steps of risk assessment
- Step 1 – Identify the hazards
- Step 2 – Decide who might be harmed and how
- Step 3 – Evaluate the risks and decide on precautions
- Step 4 – Record your findings, develop an action plan and put it into action
- Step 5 – Regularly review your assessment and update, if necessary
- Ofsted Inspection and Risk Assessment
- Focus on the risks of slips, trips and falls